Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Crocheting and Dreams..... You can join me!

I will be getting back to the 44 Days of Witchery soon, I have been pretty horribly sick the last bit here, and just have zero energy for anything.

I'd like to talk a bit about another aspect of who I am though. The me that crochets and creates things. There was a time when I crocheted for 40+ hours a week, those days are long gone, I am at about 10 or so these days. Sometimes more, sometimes less, just depends. However, regardless of how much, or little, time I have for the activity, it remains one of my very favorite things to do. 

I have a dream to this end, one I've had for many years, one that I pulled off briefly for a time about 5 years ago, and would love to build up and do again now that I'm settled in our new home. I would love to assemble lapghans to distribute to people who need them, those who are facing a hard time and need some encouragement. I'd call them Goddessghans, and use the squares that I make, as well as squares sent to me by others and make small blankets to distribute as needed. The Goddessghans would be rouhgly 36"x 48", using 48 6" squares for each ghan. 

I have begun making squares again, for me and my tension and how I crochet a 6" square is made with 5 rounds and a size "I" hook, basic granny square pattern. I'm using the colors Midnight Blue, Silver, and Black. I will post a picture of my first completed Goddessghan when I have it finished. If you would like to send some 6" squares toward a Goddessghan for someone going through a rough time, email me for the address, or if you would like to request a Goddessghan for someone shoot me an email and let me know! 

You can email me at: zaira.connolly@gmail.com

Blessed Be,

Wynter Willow

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;